Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Blackberry Fields Foreverrrr

Morning is prime blog time for me. This is what I've noticed. I think it's because I just spent 8 hours (but more like 5, who am I kidding?) sleeping and feel the need to just work my brain a little. And although I am technically sitting at my office cubicle working, a little creative multi-tasking never killed anyone.

Since I woke up with this resilient mood, when I went to the corner deli this morning, I picked up some fruit instead of my desired bacon, egg and cheese on a roll with extra ketchup and salt and carbohydrates and lard and... wait... maybe it's not too late to go back and change my mind... The bacon... The cheese... These are a few of my favorite things (© Sound of Music, 1965).

Okay. Control yourself, Gab. Take the fruit and make a run for it.



I like colors in my meal. It's just aesthetic and makes me think: hey, this must taste good, right? Don't judge me. I scrolled through the fresh fruit and scooped up some blackberries, grapefruit slices, and orange slices. 

So what's the deal with these things? I wanted to find out so I can feel 100% satisfied with my "most important meal of the day."

Blackberries: 
  • They are the fruit with the highest level of antioxidants.
  • They contain anthocyanins, an antioxidant that apparently reduces inflammation and destroys free radicals in the body that can harm your body's cells and cause cancer.
  • They contain ellagic acid, an antioxidant shown to protect the skin from damage from ultraviolet light. 
  • Great source of Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and fiber.
Grapefruit:
  • Grapefruit is high in enzymes that burn fats, has high water content and has less sodium which increases your body's metabolism (score).
  • Grapefruit helps prevent arthritis because it contains salicylic acid that helps break down the body’s inorganic calcium, which builds up in the cartilage of joints.
  • The antioxidants found in grapefruit are effective in reducing cholesterol levels.
  • Eating grapefruit or drinking its juice helps treat common cold and fever, dissolve gallstones, boost liver function and enhance immunity against infections.
Oranges:
  • Oranges have a high vitamin C content, and vitamin C is a chemical compound that assists in wound healing and works to help prevent infections.
  • Amazing source of calcium, which is great for teeth and bone health.
  • Oranges may also help your muscles work better since this fruit contains potassium.
  • They contain magnesium, which is a mineral needed for healthy performance of the muscles, nerves and immune system.

So eat all the damn fruits you want! By the end of this blog entry I have eaten 'em all. They are gone. Finito. 


This guy knows what I'm talking about:


0 comments:

Post a Comment