I recently created a ten-year plan for myself. A very basic one at that. Broad, yet reachable, and a little out of my comfort zone. Only because I have never planned this ahead into my future. And I have no idea what kind of turns my life will take in the next few weeks, let alone in the next ten years.
I guess I'm trying to be prepared. In November (2012) I dove into the hospitality industry at a restaurant company with my first "real person job" out of college. Since then, I have become more intrigued by this business. All aspects of it. The restaurants. The food. The service. The ambiance. Even the business side of it. The financing. The planning. The expenses. The competitiveness. The profits. The losses. It surrounds me each day and I am trying to absorb as much of it as I can, as I aspire to one day own my own business... Nobody wants to work for The Man for their whole life. And anyone who says they do is a liar.
With this extra guidance, I have started to write a blog. Maybe it's just for me. Maybe it's for you. Maybe it's for everyone... but right now, maybe it is just for me. I just want to drink everything in, literally and figuratively. Expand my knowledge. Experience every cuisine. Familiarize with every culture. Focus on my healthy choices and not so healthy choices. Enjoy myself. Live. Share. Eat. Drink. Work. Laugh. Repeat.


0 comments:
Post a Comment